I would first off like to thank Nerissa Bauer at Let’s Talk Kids Health for nominating me for the Liebster award, I am greatly honored to be a part of this! Nerissa recently started a blog sharing her research regarding health in the focus areas of Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, Postpartum depression, Positive parenting, Developmental delays in speech and language and Autism. She blogs to connect with families on these important issues and educate them. She is positive and loves to chat and interact with her followers, check out her blog now!
Questions for me:
- How did you decide to start blogging?
My inspiration for blogging came from reading, specifically The Paris Wife. The book gave me inspiration to write my own. While working on my own book I wanted something to keep me writing for practice, interaction and to build an audience.
- Where do you draw your inspiration for your blog posts?
My inspiration comes from books, traveling, hiking, all different kinds of life experiences in general. Also from certain wording in books, I love descriptive authors who make you feel like you are there with the characters.
- Do you secretly hope your blog goes viral? Why or why not?
I don’t secretly hope it goes viral necessarily, but I do hope I eventually gain a large interactive audience. I would like this because it will connect me with more people who are interested in reading and writing so we are able to share with each other new books, better hiking spots, or just connecting in general.
- What tip do you have for folks who want to start blogging?
My first tip would be to just start in general! Don’t be afraid share your thoughts, it’s a very supportive community. Post to social media! If your blogging for a purpose, that is the best way to spread the word.
- How did you come up with your blog’s name/title?
This one is easy-peasy, it is my name Shana Ross Writing!
- What is your favorite book and is it from childhood or adulthood?
My favorite book to date is The Ingredients of Love, from adulthood. You can read my review by clicking the link.
- What is your favorite recipe/meal and why?
I actually just tried a new recipe, Honey Sriracha Chicken. It is my favorite recipe to date because since I’ve started my pregnancy in September I have been craving hot foods, so the Sriracha sauce is perfect!
- If you had to choose a color that represented you, what would it be and why?
A color to represent me would probably be green because I also love the outdoors as well as relaxing.
- Where do you wish to retire and why?
Nowhere in particular at the moment, as long as I am surrounded by family.
- What is your personal mantra?
I always try to stay positive, have a heart for all and keep an open mind. Each day you experience something new or become new to a perspective or thoughts so you don’t have to ALWAYS think a certain way or only like certain things just because you ALWAYS have. Change can be difficult, but change is necessary to grow.
Now it is my turn to select 10 nominee’s to possibly be a part of the Liebster Award experience if you wish to except! I understand not every blogger is interested in awards, so please do not feel obligated to accept. If you would like to accept please see the rules under the nominee section.
My nominees are:
- Courtney, who is just starting out in hopes to inspire others to be themselves or find themselves. Her blog is positive and empowering.
- Kendra, she blogs about life in general. She has taken some time off from blogging but plans on getting back to it.
- Juhi, she writes because she has a great passion for it although it is nothing in particular she writes about, she has a wide range of topics on her blog.
- Jesse, her blogs on the darker side of killers and paranormal activity. She is working on writing interviews with people that have experience these phenomena’s.
- Angelalimag, who writes about delicious food and her traveling experiences.
- Andrea, who has a love for food and shares all kinds of recipes from small to large.
- Breanna, who is a full time mom who blogs about being a mom and childcare. You can visit her site here allidoishangoutwithmykid.wordpress.com
- The1itinerary, who blogs about travel experiences.
- Ashley, who is a first time mom and blogs about things to help other stay at home moms.
- Tiffany and Charles, who blog about their sailing trips.
Five rules of the Liebster award (award for new bloggers):
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link it back to my blog.
- Share award on your blog using the images I used or other that you find.
- Answer the 10 questions I asked you.
- Ask 10 questions to 10 new nominees who have less than 500 followers (if I nominated you and you have been nominated before or have more than 500 followers, please ignore.)
- Notify your nominees.
My questions for the nominees are:
- What made you start blogging?
- What inspires you to blog?
- What is your favorite book and/or author?
- Where is your favorite place? (Can be a restaurant, park, country)
- What places in the world would you like to visit?
- What kind of audience do you hope to gain on your blog?
- When are you the happiest?
- What are your hobbies?
- Is there someone specific who bring you inspiration?
- What is your favorite movie? Why?